Thursday, August 18, 2011

"Defying Human Nature"

Well- I am almost done with my summer of run with only 10 days left. I know there were at least a few people out there that didn't think I'd make it through...none more than Mr. Lynn Ewald (more on him later)- but so far, so good!

I don't want to get too confident because things can happen- like this accident that almost brought my runs to a halt. I was told that it is against human nature to be able to run every day- injuries, sickness, fatigue, etc. prohibit someone from being able to achieve such a goal. Well, I guess I've defied human nature, not to mention my own expectations of what my mind and body can handle.

There are definitely days when the prospect of having to go out and run is not exciting.
But, most days I get out there and feel great as I complete my run. Running every day this summer has dropped me down an entire pant size too! Here is the stack of pants and capris that don't currently fit. My wonderful mother-in-law altered another 4 pairs!

In addition, completing another run is another day closer to finishing my summer of run and chowing down on four free lunches :) Good thing I've saved that stack of pants, because all of my winning lunches may bring me back up a pant size!

While we are on the topic of running and lunches- I thought I'd add that I am willing to trade in a free lunch for a picture of Mr. Lynn Ewald bowing down to me and all my running greatness.
It would look something like this (preferably at a faculty meeting too, but I won't get too picky).


Lynn- I'd give up one free lunch for this! What say you?



2 comments:

Brendan McIntyre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brendan McIntyre said...

Nice photoshopping! In the home stretch!