Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 5k

I saw this quote on a friend's Facebook wall this morning and though it was so appropriate.
"Many men have fathered a child, but real men become good, loving, and dedicated fathers." Happy Father's Day to all those men!

I did not run today's Father's Day 5k with my dad because,#1- he is in Buffalo, NY and I am in VA and #2- he is not a runner! But my husband, Brendan, ran the 5k with me and someday he is going to be an amazing father to our children. Here is a quick photo that I took of us after today's race. You can see part of the only "baby" we have right now, our Pomeranian Brie.
I ran this race in 28.57. I was hoping for around 27 minutes which is my best 5k time to date. However, my husband reminded me that the race I was thinking of was a flat Buffalo road race (compared to today's race on the Reston Pathways). Either way, my time is proof that races push me because I finished 4th in my age group. I am looking forward to some more this late summer/early fall. My goal is to complete another 1/2 marathon sometime this late fall. Perhaps the Richmond Suntrust 1/2 in November?


In another extreme couponing side note:

Last week I picked up a Schick Hydro razor and a 4 pack of refills for $3.46 (full price would've been close to $20). This razor is the mother of all razors as evidenced by the fight that we got into- clearly the razor won....

No comments: