Friday, July 1, 2011

Buffalove

Well- my running continued during my brief trip home to Buffalo, NY. One of my very best friends from high school, Sarah Utzig, asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding and this past weekend was her bridal shower. Here is a picture of the two of us at the shower- isn't she going to be a beautiful bride?

I also got to see some other wonderful friends from high school.
Chrissy Schreiner, Vicki Kordasiewicz Schroeder, Sarah Utzig, and Katie Piwtorak

Here is a pic of the bride and groom to-be. Andy, Sarah's fiance, and I went to Canisius together for social studies education- he says I was the smart, goody two shoes always sitting in the front row and I said he was the laid back, slacker who was always in the back row :)
He is not slacker when it comes to Sarah, I know he will take good care of her!



I finally got to see the inside of my brother and sister-in-law's new home. I didn't snap any pictures but take my word, this house is going to be gorgeous! They bought a fixer upper and when they are done it is going to be the best house on the block. The few things they've done in two short weeks already look amazing.

I also got to hang out with these rascals-Conlan and Reagan. They are my cousin Renee's kids and Reagan is my goddaughter. Reagan shows her love for me by wiping chewed, gooey pretzels on me. I love these two kids and wish I were around more often to see them grow.


I spent some time with my cousin Andrew and his daughter Gabby. I was treated to a fantastic dinner by my friends Rachel and Jon Garra, while their one year old, Patrick, flirted and showed off his six pack abs. In addition to all this, I got in a golf game with Vicki, and spend many hours catching up with my moms (my mom and mother-in-law).

Most of my runs while home were short and sweet because (as you can see) my time is always jam-packed full of things to do and people to see. It is always crazy coming home for a visit, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

My Saturday run while home was a good one (probably my best yet)- I intended to go two miles but ended up completing almost 3.5 miles. I felt good so I kept going and I loved the route- running in the neighborhood my husband grew up in. I ran by Glen Falls (where Brendan and I took our engagement pics) and down Main Street (which I adore), then down Evans, Sheridan, back to Mill Street.

And most days were chilly and overcast- it was SO nice to run without humidity.

I'm looking forward to another, longer trip in August for the wedding festivities. Not just because of the time to spend with family and friends, but also for the non-humid runs that allow me to reminisce about the past and remember why there is so much Buffalove in my heart.

No comments: