Sunday, September 11, 2011

Running. Unplugged.

As I headed out for my run Saturday morning, I realized that my Ipod was dead. Totally dead. It did not even enough power to get through a mile with me. Waiting around for the Ipod to charge was not an option as my cousin was getting married in just a few hours. So...I headed out without music (gasp)!!! Rarely do I run without music or my running partner Tom.

But that morning I was thankful that my Ipod died and that I was forced to run unplugged. I was able to hear the rain drops from an early morning rain dripping off the trees on to the path. I heard the birds chirping and animals moving in the bushes.

But most importantly I was able to reflect on the wedding ceremony taking place that afternoon in which my cousin Rj and his beautiful bride Ali would (finally) tie the knot. Ali has been with Rj since I was in middle school and she's felt like family to me for such a long time. I was grateful for the ability to quietly contemplate Rj and Ali's marriage and their future as I ran. They are an amazing couple who has many years of happiness ahead of them.

I found (surprisingly) that I enjoyed myself while running unplugged (and had a great pace per minute). I've now committed to running at least one run per week unplugged.

Here are a few pictures of Rj and Ali's Day-

The Bride and Groom
All seven of my grandparents grandchildren on the same weekend they married many years ago- wish they could've been here to celebrate with us.
Me with the beautiful Bride, Ali!

No comments: